Server & Network Support
Automated Results works with local businesses to ensure they are not only using the right server solutions for their environment, but also ensure that the server setup provides maximum business productivity. Our team of IT support staff have extensive experience in server support including server setup, security, and maintenance. Automated Results excels in providing our clients peace of mind when it comes to their server access and data security.
As always, we recommend companies sign-up for managed services which provides them with monitoring of their servers, as well as server management and server maintenance services. Managed services give our clients peace of mind that IT infrastructure is protected by layers of server security to help prevent data loss or data compromise due to a crash or malware attack.
Dedicated Servers are servers that are not shared with other businesses. A dedicated server can also be focused on one task, like file sharing or maybe it is solely acting as a domain controller. These can be physical or virtual servers located at your company location or possibly at a data center. The physical server can act as the server or act as a host, providing virtualization of the server(s). Server virtualization is becoming more common as a server solution due to its ability to address numerous business needs. Virtualization makes disaster recovery restores quicker and more efficient, which adds to business productivity. Our server support team have an extensive knowledgebase when it comes to setting up physical and virtual systems.
Automated Results maintenance ensures you always have your server on a supported operating system. When a Windows server ages out of support, it will no longer get patched or updated, leaving it vulnerable to malicious attacks such as malware. Our server support team handles this and other server management for all our server support contract clients.
One of the biggest benefits of having a server support contract in place with Automated Results, is that we will not only take care of maintaining and managing your servers, but also troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Server support consists of the following:
- Fix issues related to the operating system or applications running on the server. This includes applications like exchange server or SQL server and troubleshooting problems like outdated drivers causing system crashes.
- Add and remove users from active directory as needed.
- Create file shares and assign the proper security permissions for user access to them.
- Setup and share network accessible printers from the server for easier administration.
- Setup and manage security groups and distribution groups as needed.
- Performing system maintenance like disk defragmentation and disk cleanup can help your system perform better and we will schedule these processes to run on a consistent basis.
- Manage and apply updates to servers to ensure critical and security patches are being applied on a regular basis. We will setup a routine schedule for these updates and monitor the systems to make sure they are receiving the updates as expected.
- Monitor and maintain server antivirus software to make sure it is receiving new definitions as often as possible and running in a healthy state.
- Monitor servers for unusual resource usage and troubleshoot the cause.
Make recommendations when to upgrade or replace servers based on server performance and other key metrics.
Support your servers in the most effective way possible.